Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Thank You From the Kids' Grandmother

Last night, the kids' grandmother posted this heartfelt comment under one of our posts. I felt I should share.

Thank you to everyone who has helped with our situation. We have been overwhelmed by the support and generosity we have received from everyone. We truly appreciate everything.

We do not have access to our grandchildren's belongings from their mother's house, and probably won't. However, because of donations we now have clothes in the right size (including snow boots), sheets for their beds, and most funeral expenses. We will be building two rooms on the house for them each to have a room.

The children are doing pretty good. They do not know anything other than their parents are far away and they are living with us. We are all seeing a counselor today.

The mother is still in jail and I am positive she will remain so for a long time.

Currently Matt's dad and I have custody. We have a final court date in March and I am sure we will retain custody.

Again, thank you everyone for your support, no matter what form it has been, ie, financial, clothing, prayers, crying shoulders, etc. We thank each one of you from our entire hearts.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently, I did not word this as accurately as I thought. I was not finger-pointing at anyone.

    The reason we do not have access to the children's belongings at their mother's house is a legal issue. It has something to do with the police and the rental agency. I don't understand any of it, but that is all I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading the updates from the family! Yay Shacknews!

    ReplyDelete